Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Armageddon

In case you haven't heard. The world is going to end some time around mid December, the 21st to be exact. I am exceptionally pissed since it means that Christmas will most likely be canceled. Whether you believe this will happen or not, I feel compelled to provide this as a public service:

In preparation for the end of days, I have 
decided to dedicate this blog to a month 
of signs that the apocalypse is upon us! 



... I know today is the 20th, but I don't think I'll have time to post on the actual day of reckoning, and I wouldn't want to short change you a day!


Day 1

Not Frodo and Sam


Mount Doom from The Lord of the Rings movies is about to erupt. Geologists are predicting that pressure is building up inside the exact same volcano that Peter Jackson decided looked like the place that created the most evil piece of metal in middle earth. Many of you may not know this, but Tolkien was a devout Christian, and many of his themes are derived from Judeo-Christian themes and symbolism. "Dooms" Day, Mount "Doom", coincidence?

2 comments:

  1. duh sorry I posted my comment to the wrong post--
    here it is in the right place

    Tolkien insisted that the fact that he was "a Christian (which can be deduced from my stories), and in fact a Roman Catholic," was the most important and "really significant" element in his work.
    from:http://catholiceducation.org/articles/arts/al0161.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that's where you meant to put it. I don't think I knew that Tolkien was Catholic. I always assumed he was Anglican like Lewis.

    ReplyDelete